Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Monday, July 9, 2012

No not Speedo, but Mr. Earl

Hello everyone!  First of all, I know what you're going to say.  Where the heck have you been for the past 6 months?  Bad, bad blogger. But I hope to get better about that.

I'm writing this post because I wanted to share some things about a revamp I did on a tall dresser I bought last summer. 

Have you ever come across a piece of furniture that is screaming to take it home with you?  Well such was the case on a very tall and very heavy dresser I found at the SA (Salvation Army).  It was reasonably priced and I loved all the details of it.

Here he is...Mr. Earl, at least that's what I called him when I saw him.



He was a bit scuffed up and dirty but I instantly knew that he had class, he was somebody that was once admired and regal.

Well from the very beginning, he was a toughie, not only in size and weight but all those details and carvings.

It took me a couple of months to get him to his new found glory.  Check out some pics from behind the scenes.  Alot of my sweat, blood, heart and soul went into my trist with Mr. Earl.



Here he was stripped and sanded, then stripped and sanded some more..






Mr. Earl is looking quite dignified in his birthday suit.






His first coat of paint (I even got to use my new paint sprayer on him)







Say hello to Mr. Earl Grey.. (he's British btw)






In my humble opinion, he looks refined, refreshed and renewed. It was an awesome opportunity to put the good looks on him and I learned alot along the way about do's and don'ts of painting big furniture and all that is  involved.  I can truly say he was definitely a labor of love.



But before I finish, I wanted to end this post on a high note...  After all, He is the creator, the ruler and the one that has allowed all of this to take place...


The Word of the day...

"We have proved ourselves by our purity, our understanding, our patience, our kindness, our sincere love and the power of the Holy Spirit."

- 2 Corinthians 6:6


God's blessings and Christ's peace,

Patricia

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger