Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, July 14, 2012

TV Server

Hello again friendly followers!  Yes I'm posting two times in the same week, woohoo!

Anyways, I have a project I did in the past that I wanted to share with you all.

My little one figured out how to use the TV's on/off button.  This is because the TV stand that we had was a lot lower to her reaching levels, so I knew I needed something taller or a TV cabinet with doors.  After searching CL, I couldn't find anything decent or cheap affordable, but I did find an antique 9 piece mahagony dining set for $90.  Yep, I know ridiculous, I couldn't believe it either. 

The young couple that sold it to me, said it came with the house they bought and were now trying to sell and so they needed to clear it out of their basement.

I managed to stuff all 9 pieces of this dining set into a minivan. That was pretty incredible in itself, but that is another story.

I recalled Marion at MMS (Miss Mustard Seed) and her buffet/server turned TV stand for her newly acquired flat screen tv.


 


She instantly inspired me as she always does and I wanted the same thing.  So when I looked over my newly acquired dining set, I instantly knew what to do with the server.


Because I'm such a bad blogger, I searched and it seems that I don't have any pictures before I painted and stained it, but here it is in the process of its makeover in my workshop garage.









And here it is, in it's full function and form.  Not as staged as Marian's, but full of day to day reality when you have small children.








Thanks for checking out my little before/after story. And as always lets finish with some truth & light.


"Seek the LORD and His strength: seek His presence continually!"

- Psalm 105:4

God Bless & in Christ's peace,
Patricia

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger